Must-haves are non-negotiable skills that a candidate is required to have in order to be considered for the role.
The qualification area is to be used to briefly illustrate how a candidate's skills specifically align with the Must Haves outlined by the client. Clients are more likely to consider candidates when they can see this basic information in the Must Haves responses.
We advise that you use strong, quantitative statements, such as:
- Weak: Managed a budget to plan large-scale events for students
- Strong: Managed $12,000 budget to plan large-scale events for 2,500 students
- Weak: Compiled a pitch deck for buyout of automotive company
- Strong: Compiled a 44-page pitch deck for buyout of $53 million automotive company
- Weak: Wrote articles on entrepreneurship and technology
- Strong: Wrote 8 articles on entrepreneurship and technology, generating 107,000 page views, 8,003 likes, and 3,723 tweets
This is an example of a good use of the Must-Have area:
Tags: must-haves, qualification area, requirements